Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Postcards for Christmas

Good morning friends, I think this is the longest I've gone without blogging! I'm not sure what's going on with me, but I am not going to stress about it. I feel some changes coming on, an urge to branch out and try new things but am not totally sure what they will be. So I will continue on, maybe not as regularly as usual, but hopefully enough to satisfy our LOTV sweet tooth, LOL!

This is a card I made last week and it sat in my 'To be photographed' pile ever since. It's one of my favorite stamps from this Christmas release, 'Christmas Star'. 


The postcard is from the lovely clear stamp set 36 'Christmas Icons'. This set has everything you need to beautifully embellish all your holiday cards, I love it.  I silver embossed the pretty postcard to add to the background. The aqua BG paper was also stamped with all the lovely snowflakes from the same set. 


To tie into the silver embossing on the postcard, I went around with some metallic silver embroidery thread and did a simple running stitch, and a strip of silver cardstock die cut with Memory Box's Tessatina die. A pretty red bow with some jingles and a snowflake charm finish this card off nicely. The sentiment is from the clear set 26, 'Simply Sophisticated'. 

I'll try to come back with one more Christmas card before the big day, my last I think, for a long, long time. I am quite burnt out from all things red and green and sparkly!

Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Have a great Christmas
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card!! So cute!! As always, your coloring is AMAZING!
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, fabulous layout. Your colouring is amazing.
    Merry Christmas.
    Sarah xx :0)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!