Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Old World Christmas

Hello blog friends! I came across a gorgeous digital scrapbook kit called 'Christmas Past' from Scrap Matters and fell in love with the plaid and ticking patterns. I love old world Christmas style, and this kit would be perfect for the Pines & Poinsettias set from SU. Lots of lace, gold papers, and chunky glass glitter was what I envisioned. Here's the end result...


I used SU markers to ink all the individual elements, then spritzed the stamp lightly with a Mini Mister to moisten the ink. This works much better for me than 'huffing' on the stamp as I used to do. It gets rid of the stroke marks from the markers too. 


The gold ruffle on the bottom edge of the image is just a strip of Waffle paper pleated behind it.  


It's hard to see the glass glitter on the pinecones, but it looks so cool IRL. Just like ice crystals have formed after a particularly freezing night. 


Speaking of freezing... it got COLD here a couple of nights ago! One day it's steaming hot and muggy, the next the temp drops down to the low forties overnight! What a shock to my system. I had to start digging out sweatshirts and cozy blankets to wrap up in. Well, that's the weather here in the Poconos!


Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Stampin Up
Ink: Distress, SU markers
Paper: PTI, SU, Scrap Matters digital collection
Tools & Accessories: Spellbinders Label die, satin ribbon, glass glitter, Crystal Lacquer, Prima lace, Sizzix embossing folder, EK Success tiny scallop punch

1 comment:

  1. Wow your card is gorgeous!
    Love those papers and the colours on the card is beautiful!
    It's cold here too, in the days it is quite nice, so today we went to the wood with the kids and eat dinner there! So nice :)
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!