Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ocean Dreams

Hello everyone, things have been pretty quiet around here. After the mad rush of cards before CHA and the new LOTV release, I had to sit back and take it easy for a while. Major paper crafting overload, my creativity muscle was seriously sprained, lol! Not to mention I finally bought a digital cutter, and me and my Gazelle have been getting acquainted as I experiment doing this and that. I have yet to use it for a paper crafting project, but I'm hoping it will be soon! 

Anyway, here's a card a created a little while back, I used an old favorite image from Stamps Happen. This is a huge stamp, so a 6" card was in order. 


The image was water colored with a combination of SU reinkers and Distress Inks. I've said this before, when I'm working with an image of the beach or any nautical theme, they have to be water colored! They go hand in hand, and I love the soft, blurry way the colors flow over the paper. In order to get a good impression with this kind of a large stamp, I needed the smoothest water color paper I could find. My favorite is the Fabriano Artistico hot press block.


I added a row of seashell peel off stickers that I used the burnished velvet technique on along the bottom of the image. They too were water colored with SU and Tombow markers. 


To complete the sea theme, I created a debossed background paper using a Spellbinders impression plate and brayered over with Old Paper Distress ink. It really brings out the detail of the shell design this way. The striped patterned paper was also stamped using an Impression Obsession cover-a-card stamp, Random Lines


Wish I were on the beach right about now....


Thanks for stopping by!



5 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW! This is gorgeous, makes me long for my hols - still, not long now, only 8 more sleeps, lol.

    Judi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. I love the colors, and those gold embossed shells.

    Truly a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this stamp and you did a beautiful job with the colors. What is the name of the stamp. I checked out the company but couldn't find it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIRL AT BEACH Rubber Stamp Stamps Happen Beach Sand Ocean Shells 80156 They have plenty on eBay, you won’t find it in stores anymore. Hope this helps! https://www.ebay.com/itm/GIRL-AT-BEACH-Rubber-Stamp-Stamps-Happen-Beach-Sand-Ocean-Shells-80156/114081198449?hash=item1a8fc4f171:g:NSgAAOSwOdVcykYW

      Delete
  4. GIRL AT BEACH Rubber Stamp Stamps Happen Beach Sand Ocean Shells 80156 They have plenty on eBay, you won’t find it in stores anymore. Hope this helps! https://www.ebay.com/itm/GIRL-AT-BEACH-Rubber-Stamp-Stamps-Happen-Beach-Sand-Ocean-Shells-80156/114081198449?hash=item1a8fc4f171:g:NSgAAOSwOdVcykYW

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!