Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Snowman of Love

Good morning friends! Finally, things around the house and work have settled back into their normal routine so that I can continue creating & sharing my cards! I sure have missed it, I can't tell you how many times I tried to sit down and complete a card or even just color an image, but it just wasn't happening! Too many distractions. Plus, I seemed to be in that confused state 'between' holidays. It seems to happen in between every major holiday. So I was done creating Christmas cards, but I wasn't quite ready to start with Valentine's Day, or even all occasion cards = Mixed up Mojo, lol! Finally I forced myself to do an 'in between' card. I used this holiday snowman from Heather Ellis, but with a Valentine's Day theme. Perfect compromise.


The stripes on this snowman's heart inspired the rick rack pattern in different colors of wool felt on the label die cut. I've been wanting to do something like this for a long time, but just couldn't apply it to a card design until I saw this snowman. So I just cut a bunch of different strips and stuck them to a piece of cardstock, then cut out the label shape as usual. The snowman was colored with Copics and cut out to layer onto the label shape.


Notice the little 'fringe' on her scarf? Another thing I've been wanting to try. Easy as pie, I just used a bit of Scor tape to adhere bits of embroidery floss to the back, then trimmed them and 'fluffed' them out.
The little roses on her hat were made with scraps of rick rack felt strips left over, I just rolled them into rosebud shapes and stitched them in place.

Thanks for stopping by, stay warm!

Stamps: Digital stamp from Heather Ellis, Papertrey Ink
Ink: Perfect Match
Paper: Papertrey Ink, Hammermill color copy
Tools & Accessories: Spellbinders Labels & Nestabilities, Papertrey Ink ribbon/Rick-rack die/button, home dyed wool felt, seed beads, pearl heart stickers, Copics

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!