Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

LOTV Thursday Challenge 'New Beginnings'

I'm a day late for the LOTV challenge, but I figured I'd post anyway, because I just had to share this card with you all.
These two adorable bunnies just tied the knot, and that is my idea of a 'new beginning', lol! 

I used my most favorite bath tile technique that I've learned from Mel McCarthy (that lady does some amazing stuff with paper, let me tell you!) I used lots of iridescent seed beads and mini Dew Drops for lots of bubbles.


The bunnies were colored with my Copics and completely cut out so I could apply them directly on the 'tile' background.

The papers are from an old Cosmo Cricket collection, but the name escapes me at the moment.   

For those of you ringing in the New Year tonight, have fun and be safe! I will probably be asleep by the time midnight rolls around, although I may take a nap after work so I can stay up late, lol! It will be a quiet evening for us though. 

See you next year!


7 comments:

  1. Wow, I love this tile technique will definately have to give it a try, thanks for the inspiration and Happy New Year!!! Hopefully your nap will allow you to stay up til midnight to ring in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this! Love those tiles, and bubbles. So darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my that looks so real those tiles!! Great technique!! Greetz, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with what they said!! Amazing card - the tiles and bubbles look soooo realistic, I almost expect to go upstairs and find two bunnies in my bath tub!! Happy New Year - can't wait to see what you'll make in 2011!! Hugs, Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG what an adorable card. Wonderful techniek te tiles and bubbles are fabulous. Happy new year for you and your family. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those bubbles, didn't know they had mini dew drops, I'm so behind on things! :) Beautiful tile and card! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an amazing card.
    Love the background so creative and the bubbles are just fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!