Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Autumn colors

The heat wave has finally relented! It was unbearable. Hot, sticky and sometimes stormy. Last night we had one final storm, with tornado watches (fortunately nothing here, just a lot of broken branches and overturned garbage cans) and afterwards it cooled off. This morning is beautiful and cool again. I've been busily making flowers, flowers and more flowers. I figure if I make enough of them until I get sick of it, I won't ever have to buy Primas again. Seriously! And I kind of like mine better, and I can always find the color I want!
I needed to get away from pastel colors for a bit. I love soft colors, but I needed to make something bold and earthy. So I decided on an autumn theme. I water colored a piece of paper in Adirondack inks again, Raisin, Pesto, Butterscotch and Ginger, then used the same spectrum pad for the leaves. I couldn't find an appropriate sentiment, so I left it blank. I can always go back and add one if I decide later.
Stamps: Inkadinkado
Ink: Adirondack
Paper: SU!, K & Co. Mira collection, Memory Box
Accessories: Olive grosgrain ribbon, nestablities, Assorted flower punches from The Punch Bunch and Carla Craft, Martha Stewart leaf punch

1 comment:

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!