Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Angelic Harpist

Well I'm back in the groove again! It's easy to stamp when I don't have to work, go places, run errands, etc. Having a weekend off really gets the creativity into gear. 
Our power has been out since around noon Sunday, I had a very scary experience when I had to run out and pick up my son from his friend's house. I was driving along nervously, amazed at all the downed trees, raging creeks and lakes in our area, grateful that things weren't worse. As I pull up to an intersection, there was a pickup truck in front of me making a right turn when a HUGE tree slowly starts falling over not 100 yards away. It crashed down over the entire road, bringing power lines down with it. I sat in my car shocked, watching the other power lines swaying dangerously right overhead. If I had been going that way, or if the truck in front of me had gone through 30 seconds sooner, well- I don't even want to think what would've happened. Thank God no one was under that tree at that moment. 
At the time I'm writing this, everyone else still has no power, but fortunately we have a generator and have most electrical conveniences available. No washing machine, dryer or oven, but hey! Who wants to cook and do laundry if you don't have to, hee hee!

Enough drama, here's another peek at one of the new stamps LOTV is releasing soon. This one is called Angelic Harp. Beautiful isn't it?


I'm finally getting the hang of using my Gazelle, and this card base was one of the first things I downloaded from Paperthreads when I got it. I have a snowflake addiction I admit. I have more snowflake punches than I could count, and while browsing the many, many free cut files available  on the web, I downloaded many more. I just can't get enough of them! 



I colored the angel with pale Copic colors, I wanted to keep everything very light and delicate, like snowflakes. I even added a little silver bell to the satin bow (Wild Orchid Crafts) for a little jingle. 


Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!


Stamps: Lili of the Valley
Ink: Glimmer Mist
Paper: PTI shimmer c/s, Hammermill, Stardream, PTI 
Tools & Accessories: Nestabilities, satin ribbon, Swarovski crystal, Gazelle cutter, Viva Decor Pearl Pen, Copics, lace, Prima pearl/rhinestone flourish

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm glad nobody was hurt. Good time to cocoon and create!

    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness , I am so glad no one was hurt and that you and your family are all safe and sound. And I agree much more fun to stay in a craft than to cook and do laundry.. lol Your card is really Lovely and Beautifully colored as always.. 8-). I have always liked all your snowflakes, they always seem too add the perfect touch to your gorgeous Christmas cards!

    Hope you have a Safe and Happy week!

    Hugs
    Shannon 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIKES - So glad you are ok. This angel is beautiful. I have never done a Christmas angel because I have never found one that I could love (if you're gonna stamp out 30 of 'em in less than a month's time, you should luv 'em). Thank you so much for sharing. Your creations are always inspiring and often breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!