Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lili of the Valley Thursday Challenge Anything but a square

Hello everyone, it's time for another Lili of the Valley challenge. Our challenge is to create a card that is anything but a square. Well, mine is not very creative, but at least it's not a square! I chose to use a Spellbinder label to die cut the entire card. 
I used 'Get Well Bunny' for my card, and instead of Copics or colored pencils, I chose to go old school. I started out water coloring my images with Tombow markers back in the day, and I felt like pulling them out of storage again. Actually, I used my Tombows and SU markers and a water brush.

I printed the sentiment from my computer and die cut it with Papertrey Ink's banner die. Since I didn't have yellow ribbon to match the colors of my papers, I quickly dyed some seam binding with Candlelight Glimmer Mist. I love how quickly I can dye ribbon to custom match anything! Sometimes I use reinkers, alcohol ink sprays, Twinkling H2O's, anything to create a custom color. I pop the seam binding in the microwave at half power for a few minutes, and in no time at all, it's dry. If I want wrinkled ribbon, I leave it as is, if not, I press it with a warm iron. Simple!


We'd love to have you join us on the challenge blog, create your own card following the guidelines and you could win some LOTV stamps.

Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Lili of the Valley
Ink: Palette, SU, Fluid Chalk
Paper: PTI, SU
Tools & Accessories: Nestabilities, PTI banner die& button, seam binding, Glimmer Mist, SU & Tombow markers, water brush, XF Sharpie poster pen, Liquid Glass, Spellbinders Labels die

9 comments:

  1. Wow Katarina, love this image and the way you coloured it! HUgs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable and just loving the shape looks so beautiful with the image and such lovely colours! Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute image and so beautiful colord. Beautiful card.
    Hugs, Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! I made a card with this image last week & I wish I could say it was as cute as this, but not even close! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful card, You are so talented, I wish I were as creative and talented as you. Your painting is stunning.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! LOVE how you coloured the sweet image and LOVE the seam binding - so clever that you colour your own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw this card over at the LOTV challenge blog and just had to come and visit you! Absolutely FAB colouring . . . must get my Tombows out again (but I do so LOVE my Promarkers!!!!)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!