Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Spring Lilies


I am really enjoying PTI's year of flowers stamp sets. I just wish they were all released so that I could create a gorgeous calendar for each month! Especially for the month of June, which HAS to be a rose set! Waiting is such sweet torture...


This card is all PTI, colored with Copics. Oh, except for the ribbon! I'm sure you all have been seeing this unique kind of crinkled ribbon around. I first saw Melissa Phillips using it on her cards and loved it, but just didn't want to buy a bunch of colors when I already have TONS of ribbon that I need to use! Well, I had been using regular colored seam binding for a long time, Etsy has tons of sellers who have the most gorgeous color collections, and I happened to have a lot of white laying around unused. I looked up how to dye it and crinkle it myself, and just dyed a bunch of my own in colors that I wanted. It's really simple, you can get like a 100 yard roll of white on Ebay for less than $8, then use any reinkers, or spray inks to dye your own. I did it with some homemade spray inks made with reinkers and Shimmer Mist. I just sprayed a 5 yd. length of it with some ink, squished it up into a tight little ball in my hand, put it on a paper plate and microwaved it till it dried. Dries in about 90 seconds. I usually do 30 second increments, take it out, unravel it a bit so the center doesn't stay wet, nuke it again, etc... It's so pretty, and all the custom coordinating colors...oh my!

Hope it inspires, have a great day!

Most supplies Papertrey Ink, some Copics, and white seam binding dyed with Shimmer Mist.  OH, and some Stickles and Nestabilities, too!

1 comment:

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!