Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

LOTV Thursday Challenge

It's my first challenge on the Lili of the Valley team. We had a sketch to follow (see here), and maybe to incorporate some flowers. Hmmmm.... try as I might, I couldn't see this little guy sporting flowers at all.  
So I opted for a floral pattern paper--sorta.

I used this adorable little sailing boat guy, colored with my beloved colored pencils. I paper pieced the sails for the boat with PTI's patterned paper. I added some shading on them with some Cool Gray Copics, just to give it some dimension.
Here's a closer look at the darling boy:


Now, go check out the other cards made by the rest of the talented DT ladies, take a look at the rules/guidelines for the challenge, and then make your own card to enter. You could win an awesome prize for some gorgeous flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Lili of the Valley, Papertrey Ink sentiment
Ink: Memento
Paper: Heavenly White, Bristol vellum, Core'dinations, Papertrey Ink
Accessories: Colored pencils, OMS, Cuttlebug mosaic embossing folder, white grosgrain ribbon, pearls, Copic sketch/Spica markers, SU word window punch

7 comments:

  1. Hiya Kathy!!!
    Just wanted to let you know, how happy I am to be on this team with you!
    You're a true artist, and your creations is beond amazing!! I'm a especially a big fan of your colouring! WoW!!
    Have a happy weekend, sweetie!
    Hugs, Lena

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is adorable....lovely image
    beautiful colours


    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You coloring leaves me in awe!!!! Beautiful how you paper pieced the sailboat and then shaded it! That makes all the difference!!! Love your style!
    I'm so happy to be on the team with you guys!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beyond sublime! Love love love this card hun - your colouring is just out of this world x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous Katarina. I love how you've coloured the image and the paper piecing looks fab. Welcome aboard LOTV!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous boy's card! Beautiful colours - and love the mosaic embossing bg. I have this folder but sort-of forgotten about it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!