Wednesday, May 5, 2010

When I Grow Up...

Thank you so much for all the fabulous suggestions for sentiments for my previous card! I love all of them and have saved them for future use. I always have a Word document with all the quotes and sentiments I love found in my internet travels, and have added them to my collection. I should've thought about asking all of you for suggestions, with so many clever thinkers out there!

I love the image of this little boy fishing, such a sweet, peaceful scene. The little boy's clothes immediately made me think of tweed, hounds tooth, herringbone, etc. So I used a lot of textures and patterns for this card. I used the textural background patterns from several Waltzingmouse Stamps sets, Faux Fun for the little guy's sweater and Offbeat Backgrounds for the zig-zag striped hat and BG paper. The hat and sweater were paper pieced.
Then of course I had to use my Herringbone embossing folder to tie in with the theme, some stitching around the layers and stitched ribbon. I love the different 'fabric' textures! I was browsing for an appropriate sentiment and came across this quote, which I thought was absolutely darling, so I printed it out and used it on the card. Even though it's a little boy card, I can think of a few grown 'little boys' that this card would be perfect for!

Thanks again for your input, and have a great day!

Stamps: Lili of the Valley, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Memento, Distress, SU
Paper: PTI, Coredinations, SU, Bristol vellum
Accessories: Cuttlebug EF, PTI ribbon/button/twine, colored pencils, OMS, Copics

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Love your colouring on this one, perfection!

    And I love that quote too, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is stunning! Love love the colouring. The sky and the sea/lake looks amazing. Wonderful!
    xMarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG what a cutie
    I can see my little boy in it lol
    I am going to follow you
    hugs sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card...it made me smile! It's so sweet...love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the image that you have chosen for this, fab colours too, thanks for joining us at LOTV this time big hugs pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful summery card. I really love your colours and pretty details. Thanks for joining us on LOTV
    Stunning work sweetie
    -x-

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!