Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

New Technique (For me)

While perusing the Splitcoast gallery a little while ago, I came across a card from Karen B. Barber's gallery. Her card was done using the 'Black Magic' technique, which I had never heard of. I proceeded to her blog to find out how it was done, and Wow! I was hooked! I had to try it myself. Now this technique works best with solid images, which I used to use a lot more before I got addicted to coloring, so I was ready to go. I picked Papertrey Ink's CHA exclusive set Floral Fusion and set to work. I stamped the flowers and leaves onto brown cardstock with white pigment ink and heated it to dry it more quickly. Then I colored the white areas in with my Prismacolor colored pencils.
You can see how gorgeous the effect is in this close up photo. I highlighted some areas of the flowers and leaves with an extra fine Sharpie poster paint pen. I have found this to be the best white pen I have ever used. It never skips like the many other gel type pens I've tried. The white is super opaque, and smooth.
I LOVE this technique, thank you Karen for sharing! I'm sure if you try it, you will love it as well!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Perfect Match, Memento
Paper: PTI
Accessories: Fiskars edger punch, SU designer label punch, colored pencils, Sharpie poster paint pen, PTI ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!