Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Pitcher of Leaves

I have something interesting to tell you about this card. See the embossed paper on the top? I did that with a polymer clay texture plate. I saw these a long time ago when they first appeared on the market, and that was the first thing I thought of, can I use those to emboss paper with? I even bought them and tried it, but it didn't work. My Big Kick was a fairly new addition to my craft table, so I couldn't figure out how to get them to work at the time. I returned them to the store.
Recently, I've been searching for an embossing folder with a berry vine motif, but couldn't find one anywhere. I remembered the Studio Clay texture plates for polymer clay had a beautiful vine pattern, and figured let me try again.
I used the leaf pattern for this card (there are two different textures in each package) and this is the sandwich I used in my Big Kick. It took a lot of trial and error to get it right, but I was finally very happy with the result!
From the bottom up:
-Multipurpose platform with all sections down,
-Two pieces of chipboard
-Texture plate, pattern side up
-Paper (mist lightly with water, if you spray too much it will buckle)
-Wizard Tan embossing mat
-Clear spacer plate

You may have to play around a bit to get the right sandwich, as your chipboard/cardstock may be thicker/thinner than mine. I only have a Big Kick, so I do not know how to make this work in any other machine.

Hope it inspires!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento, Distress
Paper: PTI, The Paper Company
Accessories: Martha Stewart loopy punch, PTI ribbon/button, May Arts ribbon, colored pencils, OMS, Spellbinders Labels die, Stickles

1 comment:

  1. Your embossing turned out beautifully. It's fun when you can find another use for a product.
    ~Pam
    http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!