Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Vintage Valentine Car Dangle

Good morning everyone! Well now that Christmas is over, it's time to change out the bling in my car. I worked on this dangle over the weekend for Valentine's Day. There isn't much stamping, I really wanted the vintage Valentine look so I went searching for some clip art on Etsy. After many hours trying to decided which I wanted (for this project and others, lol) I chose a collage sheet of various old cards and quickly printed out my favorite. 


From there it was fairly simple to move along with the project. Some stitched-on seed beads around the perimeter of the image, a little Rock Candy Stickles for the wings, a silver embossed sentiment from PTI, a pretty little rose from Wild Orchid Crafts that I dyed with Glimmer Mist.


The back has to look pretty too, because it dangles, sways and spins from my rear view mirror. I used another printed collage sheet and silver embossed a sentiment from Impression Obsession. I love this quote...

When you arise
in the morning, think of
what a precious
privilege it is
to be alive---
to breathe, to think,
to enjoy, to love!

So true! Here's a close look at the Swarovski Crystals I used for the actual dangle;


I get most of my bead supplies from Fusion Beads, they have free shipping on everything, love that store! These beads are the Crystal Magma color and are such an unusual shade of red, a little different from the bold, eye popping red usual for Valentine's. 


I hope you like it, and thanks for peeking in! Have a wonderful day!



1 comment:

  1. This is very pretty! I like the amber and reds together, too...very vintage. Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!