Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fairy Friends

Good morning everyone! Here's another sweet fairy from the elusive Pergamano sets I was so desperately searching for several weeks ago. This one is from the Summer Fairies set. Doesn't she look so sweet sitting on her mushroom having a little chat with her friend Fairy Frog, lol?


As much as I love the Prima Fairy Flora papers {{LOVE}} there are a couple in the collection that are very bright as far as the colors go. This patterned paper is a perfect example. I wanted to use it so much, but it just looked so much more bold and vibrant than I was comfortable with. Then I remembered seeing Mel from Mel Stampz applying a wash of gesso over some patterned paper to tone down the colors a bit, and I knew that was the solution! I didn't use quite as much gesso as she did, just a faint wash to mellow the color a bit. I probably could've lightened it a bit more, but, I was much happier with it. 

I made the crepe paper flower too, a result of playing around with my huge stash of the stuff, lol. I spritzed a piece of white crepe paper with some Glimmer Mists and after it dried I cut a long strip and started pleating it. I wasn't too careful, and it's definitely far from perfect, but I kind of liked it so I stuck it on there. 


Hope you like it, thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Pergamano, Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento, Perfect Match
Papers: Heavenly White, Prima, SU, PTI, crepe paper
Tools & Accessories: Spellbinders lacy squares, Geo punch, Glimmer Mists, pearl, Stickles, Viva Pearl Pen, Creatables flourish dies, PTI ticket die

11 comments:

  1. Such a stunning card! So pretty and whimsical.

    Love it!

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colouring, and I love this sweet image.Your flower is very cool too.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW . . . I LOVE it! Your colouring is beautiful as always. Off to look at Mel Stampz now too!
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Ditto ALL the lovely comments above coz this card is beautiful!! Great colour choice & that fairy is way too cute xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love your coloring as always.

    In case you're still looking for some of these stamps, my friend has some in her store here: http://www.susanascustomartandcarddesign.com/products.php?cat=187

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a cutie. Love her and love your coloring.
    Hugs, Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love this card! Such gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the card is awesome
    I have to say that I really enjoy browsing your blog!
    I wish you many more creative years of bloging!
    snowbird1@freenet.de
    have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely amazing..your coloring as always is perfect and thanks for the tip on color washing, but what is gesso?

    Hugs Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, Katarina, you've colored her so beautifully! She's sooooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!