Pages

Friday, September 25, 2009

Noel Charity

Lovely Noel is collecting for her favorite charity at Christmas. I LOVE these vintage children images by Sara Kay. So nostalgic! As usual, I colored the image with my colored pencils.

A couple of people have asked what kind of colored pencils I use, and my answer is--ANY kind! LOL! I have Prismacolors, Faber Castell Polychromos, Lyra, Koh-i-noor, Design Spectracolor (discontinued). I'm not particularly loyal to one brand, which pencil I use depends solely on which color I need or which paper I'm using. For example, if I'm coloring a digi stamp which is printed on smooth paper (then sealed with a workable fixative) Koh-i-noor works best. It lays down easily where the other pencils tend to be very light. So, I hope this helps some of you!

I decided to create a pretty snowflake stick pin for this card. I die cut some flower shapes out of wool felt, punched a snowflake out of shimmery cardstock, added a Swarovski crystal bead and threaded it all onto a bent silver stick pin. I get these pins from Fire Mountain Gems, but I've heard that you can find them in craft stores, too. It's an easy way to add a little 'gift' to a card that the recipient can remove and wear.
Hope it inspires, thanks for stopping by!
Stamps: Stampavie
Ink: Ancient Page, Distress
Paper: Bristol vellum, Cosmo Cricket, PTI, Coredinations, Stardream shimmer C.S
Accessories: EK Success fleur de lis punch, Spellbinders flowers dies, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, silver stick pin and clutch, Swarovski crystal bead, wool felt, colored pencils, OMS, sewing machine, Sakura Glaze pens, double faced satin ivory ribbon

6 comments:

  1. Sweet! That stick pin is really darling. The wool felt is perfect for a winter card. And your coloring is perfect! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this card is just so beautiful! Your colouring is exquisite! Thank you so much for sharing!
    :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Your x-mas cards are amazing, all of them!
    hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! this card is GORGEOUS!!! I love the colors, the punched border, the stick pin you made, everything just screams talent! Amazing! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow katarina, this is stunning. A gorgeous card with lovely colours!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!